Executive Director Wins Nationwide Award
Earlier this year, The Atlantic magazine and the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company sponsored a nationwide contest to identify three of the nations ‘Local Leaders’ who met the following criteria:
1) depth of their civic responsibility;
2) commitment towards his /her cause;
3) the importance of the cause;
4) the impact of his/her work in the community);
5) the compelling and engaging nature of the individual’s story.Over 1000 entries were received and our Founder and Executive Director was selected as the Grand Prize winner! To celebrate and disseminate this achievement, The Atlantic dispatched a crew to Richmond to produce this video.
Do you ever wonder about the life of that homeless person you see pushing a shopping cart full of all of his or her belongings? Do you ever wonder about their life circumstances, what was their childhood like, and where is their family? Do you ask yourself if this is the result of poor decision making, or if they are victims of some unmanageable circumstance? Read more...